Robotics research is about designing, constructing, operating, and finding new applications for robots. Robots are not only helping humans by doing repetitive trivial tasks, but also by taking over dangerous or difficult jobs. Robots are for instance used in car production and assisting in surgical operations. Some of the ongoing research in robotics are:
- Improving automated manufacturing and agricultural production
- Robot sensing to receive input from the surroundings (touch, visual, and sound)
- Extending the independent lives of elderly
- Improving precision surgery
- Humanoid robots (may have multiple uses in the future)
We welcome researchers to submit articles in all fields relating to robotics.