The cardiovascular system is your heart and blood system responsible for delivering oxygen to all tissues and organs. Cardiovascular research is about understanding what makes the system work well, what causes problems, and what that can be done to fix the problems. Some of the research topics are:
- Risk factors, causes, prevention, and treatment of cardiovascular diseases (e.g. heart attack and stroke)
- Genetics of the cardiovascular system
- Methods to enhance blood oxygen levels (often used in competitive sports)
- Imaging of the cardiovascular system
- Medical devices for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases
- Stem cell and regenerative medicine to restore a damaged heart
We welcome researchers to submit articles in all fields relating to cardiovascular research.